Friday, October 2, 2009

Building affairs


I am very proud of the stone and cement path I created in the base of the stately staircase (really only three steps - but many other back yards in the complex only feature a sheer drop). This area used to be bare soil which eroded whenever it rained. I trust that by building the path I had saved the staircase from collapse.




This ingenious structure, worthy of pyramid builders, is designed to hide (at least partially) the hose and the bags of potting soil and compost.

The bricks that went into building the wall originally formed paths among the ground cover plants. However, I soon realised that they did not present a very pleasant scene and removed them as soon as the ground cover spread to fill in the spaces. Many of the stones visible on this image were removed too – for one can have too much of the good thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment